Share This On:
(SNO) — Investigators are probing a theory that the latest shooting death of Hardy John in Marchand, Castries Thursday morning (Sept. 20) may be linked to the death of Stephen “Face” Francis who was gunned down in Wilton’s Yard, Castries, just over a month ago, according to law enforcement sources.
Francis, a 47-year-old father of two, succumbed at Victoria Hospital from gunshot wounds he sustained in his community on Sunday, August 19. The incident occurred after 7 p.m.
John, a 39-year-old father of three, who lived on Sydney Lane, Marchand, was apparently resting or sleeping on a table at the ‘Marchand market’ when he sustained a single gunshot to the head. Residents reported hearing a gunshot sometime after 4 a.m. Thursday morning. Police responded to the scene around 5:20 a.m.
Both Francis and John were security guards attached to the Castries Constituency Council (CC). Francis was apparently killed while off duty and John was on duty when he was killed.
Castries Mayor Peterson Francis has said that it is unfortunate that the CCC has lost two security guards in such a short time, and he hopes that the Council’s security workers are not being targeted.
No one has been arrested in connection with the killings.
However, investigators are combing every possible leads or theories, sources said.
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM
- Results of quarantined non-national expected by end of week February 12, 2020 12:08 PM