Share This On:
(AP) — Twitter says it is investigating a problem with its service. Users across the US and elsewhere are not able to access Twitter.
The company is not saying how widespread the outage is. The disruption appears to be affecting both web-based and mobile users.
Outages were widespread in Twitter’s early years, so much so that a cartoon “fail whale” the company would put up during outages came to symbolise Twitter almost as much as its little blue bird icon. The whale was retired in 2013, largely because Twitter didn’t want to be associated with what it represented any more. After all, outages had become far less common.
The outage is occurring as President Donald Trump convenes a White House conference of like-minded critics of Big Tech.
More International News Stories
- Fake German doctor who coaxed women to electrocute themselves jailed January 20, 2020
- Immune discovery ‘may treat all cancer’ January 20, 2020
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020
- Human-to-human transmission confirmed in China coronavirus January 20, 2020
- Malaysia sends back trash, says won’t be world’s waste bin January 20, 2020
- Prince Harry: ‘Powerful media’ is why he’s stepping away January 20, 2020
- At least 75 inmates escape from Paraguayan prison near Brazil border January 20, 2020
- Pompeo looks forward to meeting with Venezuela’s Guaido in Colombia January 20, 2020