Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — TTPost’s managing director Richard Saunders died early yesterday morning after suffering a suspected massive heart attack while swimming at Macqueripe Bay, Chaguaramas.
According to reports, Saunders was in the water when he reportedly fell ill and got into difficulty. Lifeguards went to his assistance and brought him out the water. However, they were unable to revive him.
A video which was circulated on social media yesterday showed when Saunders was being helped out the water by lifeguards.
Colleagues, who were shocked by Saunders’ passing, yesterday described him as a hard-working man who was also easy to get along with. One co-worker said Saunders, who was also the former UWI Registrar, was also a bright man who had a vision in making the organisation second to none in the region.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Australia’s BHP drills dry hole October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: ‘Fireball’ in sky delight residents October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop shot dead shortly after telling wife ‘I love you’ October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman found with throat slit October 18, 2019
- Official accuses Trinidad private sector of being lazy October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019