Share This On:
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR SAINT LUCIA.
AT 11:00 PM TODAY, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM HARVEY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.0 DEGREES NORTH, LONGITUDE 57.4 DEGREES WEST OR ABOUT 250 MILES/400 KM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
HARVEY IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H AND A CONTINUED WESTWARD MOTION WITH A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED IS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH OR 65 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
ON THIS FORECAST TRACT, HARVEY SHOULD MOVE THROUGH THE WINDWARD ISLANDS TONIGHT AND TOMORROW MORNING.
HARVEY IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND HIGHER AMOUNTS IN SOME REGIONS. RESIDENTS AND MOTORISTS IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES ARE ADVISED TO BE VIGILANT AND EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT AND OTHER MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
THE SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES WILL CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND BE ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES.
MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES
- Government to combat cyber crime January 28, 2020 12:46 PM
- Invest Saint Lucia scores major successes in 2019 and expects more investments in 2020 January 28, 2020 11:39 AM
- NHC responds to alleged non-payment of January 2020 Salaries January 28, 2020 11:27 AM
- Unicomer and NWU negotiations at deadlock January 28, 2020 10:53 AM
- LUCELEC Sans Souci office closed for maintenance January 28, 2020 8:42 AM
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM