Share This On:
Some 14 unionized truck drivers attached to SOL EC Limited initiated a strike on Friday over delayed wage negotiations.
The aggrieved truck men who are represented by the National Workers Union said they are willing to return to work, if the company agrees to reach a settlement regarding wages.
Reports are that a petition was sent to the management of the company giving them seven days to address the matter, but they never responded to the said petition.
The drivers are responsible for transporting diesel, cooking gas and aviation fuel to locations throughout the island.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM