Share This On:
Some 14 unionized truck drivers attached to SOL EC Limited initiated a strike on Friday over delayed wage negotiations.
The aggrieved truck men who are represented by the National Workers Union said they are willing to return to work, if the company agrees to reach a settlement regarding wages.
Reports are that a petition was sent to the management of the company giving them seven days to address the matter, but they never responded to the said petition.
The drivers are responsible for transporting diesel, cooking gas and aviation fuel to locations throughout the island.
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM