Share This On:
Some 14 unionized truck drivers attached to SOL EC Limited initiated a strike on Friday over delayed wage negotiations.
The aggrieved truck men who are represented by the National Workers Union said they are willing to return to work, if the company agrees to reach a settlement regarding wages.
Reports are that a petition was sent to the management of the company giving them seven days to address the matter, but they never responded to the said petition.
The drivers are responsible for transporting diesel, cooking gas and aviation fuel to locations throughout the island.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff