Share This On:
Some 14 unionized truck drivers attached to SOL EC Limited initiated a strike on Friday over delayed wage negotiations.
The aggrieved truck men who are represented by the National Workers Union said they are willing to return to work, if the company agrees to reach a settlement regarding wages.
Reports are that a petition was sent to the management of the company giving them seven days to address the matter, but they never responded to the said petition.
The drivers are responsible for transporting diesel, cooking gas and aviation fuel to locations throughout the island.
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM