Share This On:
Some 14 unionized truck drivers attached to SOL EC Limited initiated a strike on Friday over delayed wage negotiations.
The aggrieved truck men who are represented by the National Workers Union said they are willing to return to work, if the company agrees to reach a settlement regarding wages.
Reports are that a petition was sent to the management of the company giving them seven days to address the matter, but they never responded to the said petition.
The drivers are responsible for transporting diesel, cooking gas and aviation fuel to locations throughout the island.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM