Share This On:
6:00 pm Weather Report
Date: 27th September 2019
Forecaster: Thomas Auguste
Present weather at Hewanorra Airport is partly cloudy with showers.
Present weather at GFL Charles Airport is partly cloudy.
Present temperature at Hewanorra Airport is 28 °C or 82 °F.
Today’s maximum temperature at Hewanorra Airport was 32° C or 90 ° F.
Wind at Hewanorra Airport is blowing from the northeast at 14 mph or 22 km/h.
Rainfall in the 24-hour period that ended at 2:00 pm today:
At Hewanorra Airport: nil. At GFL Charles Airport: 1.7 mm.
Total rainfall for the month of September so far:
At Hewanorra Airport: 94.6 mm. At GFL Charles Airport: 160.3mm.
Sunrise tomorrow: 5:53 am. Sunset tomorrow: 5:55 pm.
FORECAST FOR SAINT LUCIA VALID FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS
Winds will be blowing from between the east northeast and east southeast near 14 mph or 22 km/h, becoming lighter at times.
Weather: Partly cloudy skies, becoming cloudy at times with some scattered showers tonight. Tomorrow we expect fair to partly cloudy and hazy conditions with a chance of a few showers.
MARINE FORECAST FOR SEAS IN A 25 MILE OR 40 KM RADIUS FROM SAINT LUCIA
Tides for Castries Harbour: Low at 8:24 pm… High at 3:08 am
Tides for Vieux Fort Bay: Low at 9:51 pm… High at 4:15 am.
Seas: Moderate to locally rough with waves and northeasterly swells 5 to 7 feet or 1.5 to 2.1 metres.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND SEA BATHERS ARE ADVISED TO EXERCISE CAUTION DUE TO HIGH SEA SWELLS.
FORECAST FOR THE LESSER ANTILLES
Partly cloudy skies, becoming cloudy at times with some scattered showers.
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
A tropical wave just is expected to cross over the Eastern Caribbean islands tonight causing a few cloudy periods with showers. This system is expected to move out of the area tomorrow and Saharan dust in its wake will cause a reduction in visibility. Another tropical wave located over the eastern tropical Atlantic is moving westward at about 15 mph or 24 km/h.
…HURRICANE LORENZO WEAKENS A LITTLE BUT REMAINS VERY LARGE…
At 5:00 pm today, the centre of Hurricane Lorenzo was located near latitude 20.3 north, longitude 43.6 west. Lorenzo is moving toward the north-northwest near 12 mph or 19 km/h, and this general motion is forecast to continue tonight. A turn toward the north is expected on Saturday, followed by a turn toward the north-
northeast on Sunday.
Maximum sustained winds are now near 125 mph or 205 km/h with higher gusts. Lorenzo is now a category 3 hurricane. Gradual weakening is expected during the next few days but Lorenzo will remain a large and powerful hurricane throughout the weekend.
Lorenzo is a large hurricane. Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 45 miles or 75 km from the centre, and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 265 miles or 425 km. Heavy sea swells generated by Lorenzo will affect the Eastern Caribbean region over this weekend.
Hurricane Lorenzo is expected to remain over the Central Atlantic Ocean, well east of the Lesser Antilles during the next five days.
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM