Share This On:
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR SAINT LUCIA.
THE LOW PRESSURE AREA EAST OF THE LESSER ANTILLES HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO TROPICAL STORM HARVEY.
AT 5:00 PM TODAY, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM HARVEY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.0 DEGREES NORTH, LONGITUDE 55.8 DEGREES WEST OR ABOUT 355 MILES/570 KM EAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
HARVEY IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H AND THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH OR 55 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ON THIS FORECAST TRACT, HARVEY SHOULD MOVE THROUGH THE WINDWARD ISLANDS TONIGHT AND EARLY TOMORROW MORNING.
HARVEY IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND HIGHER AMOUNTS IN SOME REGIONS. RESIDENTS AND MOTORISTS IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES ARE ADVISED TO BE VIGILANT AND EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT AND OTHER MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
THE SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES WILL CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND BE ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES.
MACLEAN JN BAPTISTE
SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM