Share This On:
8:00 PM 26TH SEPTEMBER 2018: A TROPICAL STORM WARNING CONTINUES FOR SAINT LUCIA.
TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR BARBADOS, MARTINIQUE, DOMINICA AND GUADELOUPE
AT 8:00 P.M. TODAY, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM KIRK WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 12.7 NORTH, LONGITUDE 56.1 WEST OR 280 MILES OR 450 KM EAST SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA. THE SYSTEM IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H. ON THIS FORECAST TRACK, THE CENTRE WILL MOVE OVER THE LESSER ANTILLES WITHIN THE TROPICAL STORM WARNING AREA THURSDAY AFTERNOON.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 60 MPH OR 96 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS. LITTLE CHANGE IN STRENGTH IS FORECAST UNTIL KIRK CROSSES THE LESSER ANTILLES, FOLLOWED BY WEAKENING OVER THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN SEA. TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 115 MILES (185 KM) FROM THE CENTER.
SEAS ARE FORECAST TO BE ROUGH TO VERY ROUGH AND SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS AND LOCAL FISHERMEN ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT TOMORROW, THURSDAY. RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO STAY AWAY FROM COASTAL AREAS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES SHOULD TAKE ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS AGAINST THESE HAZARDS.
RESIDENTS OF SAINT LUCIA AND THE REST OF THE WINDWARD AND SOUTHERN LEEWARD ISLANDS ARE ASKED TO CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.
REPEATING THE 8:00 P.M. POSITION OF TROPICAL STORM KIRK, LATITUDE 12.7 NORTH, LONGITUDE 56.1 WEST OR 280 MILES OR 450 KM EAST SOUTHEAST OF SAINT LUCIA AND IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST NORTHWEST NEAR 18 MPH OR 30 KM/H.
THE NEXT ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED AT 11:00 PM TODAY.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM