Share This On:
AT 11:00 AM TODAY, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM HARVEY WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 13.1 DEGREES NORTH, LONGITUDE 61.3 DEGREES WEST OR ABOUT 50 MILES/85 KM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF SAINT LUCIA.
HARVEY IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST NEAR 21 MPH OR 33 KM/H AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 40 MPH OR 65 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS. ON THIS FORECAST TRACT, HARVEY SHOULD MOVE INTO THE CENTRAL CARIBBEAN SEA BY SATURDAY.
ST. LUCIA HAS BEEN SPARED FROM THE DIRECT INPACT OF TROPICAL STORM HARVEY BUT SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT AND OTHER MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
THE SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES WILL CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.
THIS IS THE FINAL ADVISORY FOR TROPICAL STORM HARVEY AT THIS TIME.
SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES
- Government to combat cyber crime January 28, 2020 12:46 PM
- Invest Saint Lucia scores major successes in 2019 and expects more investments in 2020 January 28, 2020 11:39 AM
- NHC responds to alleged non-payment of January 2020 Salaries January 28, 2020 11:27 AM
- Unicomer and NWU negotiations at deadlock January 28, 2020 10:53 AM
- LUCELEC Sans Souci office closed for maintenance January 28, 2020 8:42 AM
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM