Share This On:
The seventh tropical storm of the season has formed over the Atlantic.
At 5:00 a.m. today, the system was about 390 miles South West of the Cape Verde islands. The center of Tropical Storm Grace was located near latitude 12.4 North and longitude 28.5 West.
Grace is moving toward the west near 13 mph and this general motion with a slight increase in forward speed is expected through Monday night.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 45 mph with higher gusts.
Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center.
Some additional strengthening is forecast during the next 36 to 48 hours.
More Weather/Natural Disaster Stories
- When the earth starts to shake – NEMO offers advice January 10, 2020
- NEMO appeals to Saint Lucians to be prepared for earthquakes January 9, 2020
- Saint Lucia, region to be affected by heavy seas January 8, 2020
- Another earthquake shakes several islands January 8, 2020
- WHO urges southern hemisphere countries to prepare for heatwaves January 7, 2020
- Earthquake rocks Saint Lucia, Dominica and Martinique: report December 26, 2019