Share This On:
The seventh tropical storm of the season has formed over the Atlantic.
At 5:00 a.m. today, the system was about 390 miles South West of the Cape Verde islands. The center of Tropical Storm Grace was located near latitude 12.4 North and longitude 28.5 West.
Grace is moving toward the west near 13 mph and this general motion with a slight increase in forward speed is expected through Monday night.
Maximum sustained winds have increased to near 45 mph with higher gusts.
Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center.
Some additional strengthening is forecast during the next 36 to 48 hours.
More Weather/Natural Disaster Stories
- End of hurricane season December 3, 2019
- Met. Services staff undergo training November 29, 2019
- LIDAR contract signed November 29, 2019
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019
- Saint Lucia under flood warning October 30, 2019
- Earthquake felt in Saint Lucia, Dominica and Martinique: report October 7, 2019
- Saint Met. Services staff undergo training October 4, 2019