Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) The murder rate in Trinidad and Tobago is “down”, says National Security Minister Stuart Young.
He was speaking on the debate at the Parliament sitting yesterday following Finance Minister Colm Imbert’s mid-year budget review presentation.
“Madam Speaker, I don’t talk about the statistics with the murder rate, etc, that’s for the Commissioner of Police and his men and women to do. But I will say, Madam Speaker, it is actually down,” said Young.
He criticised the former People’s Partnership government, saying it never took any action to appoint a Commissioner of Police.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019