Share This On:
(NEWSDAY) A 30-year-old Princes Town woman who stabbed her boyfriend, for no reason according to police, after having lunch with him on a beach in Siparia, is expected to face a magistrate today charged with attempted murder.
The victim, a 37-year-old man who lives in Rio Claro, positively identified the suspect during an identification parade held in South Western Division.
Police on patrol on February 14, Valentine’s Day, found the man lying on the ground at the Quinam beach in Siparia with multiple stabs. His throat was also cut. The injured man was taken to the Siparia District Heath Facility and later transferred to San Fernando General Hospital.
He later told police his girlfriend picked him up in Princes Town and drove to the beach. After eating a meal together, he said she attacked him for no reason.
Sgt Jaggernath of the Siparia CID supervised investigations and PC Titus is expected to charge the woman who lives at Cedar Hill.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop shot after turning down Valentine’s Day marriage proposal February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: 7 siblings vs sister over dead mom’s gold, property February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop arrest 5 who drank too much at Machel’s ‘wedding’ February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Massy makes $167m in profit in first quarter February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Schoolgirl abducted, raped outside church February 20, 2020