Share This On:
(TRINIDAD NEWSDAY) — A Diego Martin woman has been arrested and charged with stealing more than $40,000 worth of wigs and hair weaves from a businesswoman.
Police recovered the wigs and weaves at house where the 25-year-old woman was and charged her with larceny by trick.
According to a report, a woman ordered wigs and weaves from an online store between November 1 and December 31, 2018.
In December, the wigs and weaves valued at $47,410 were delivered but no payments were made to the businesswoman’s account via online banking.
The businesswoman who lives in San Fernando went to the San Fernando CID and made a report.
Police began investigating and then went to a house in Diego Martin and arrested a woman. The wigs and weaves were also recovered.
The young woman was charged and is expected to appear before a San Fernando magistrate on February 15.
Senior police yesterday urge business owners to be cautious when operating online stores.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Religious leader in custody over gang activities December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: H1N1 deaths rise to 32 December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Couple to ‘explain their wealth’ under new law December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Man killed trying to save sister from licks December 9, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019