Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — A fight that went viral on social media last week may have been the motive for the murder of 18-year-old Tunapuna resident Maria Neptune.
According to a police report, at about 10.30 pm Neptune was standing in her yard at #3 Macoya Settlement when two men walked up to her. Police said they both opened fire and Neptune was shot several times in the chest.
Neptune was taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mt Hope, where she died while undergoing treatment.
Guardian Media was told that last week Neptune and a 16-year-old got into a fight with a 21-year-old woman. The fight, in which one woman was severely beaten, was recorded and posted on Facebook where it went viral. Police believe one of the women who was embarrassed over the video organised the attack on Neptune.
Relatives are hoping for swift justice as they claim that the police were given critical information in the case.
Investigations are continuing.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019
- Trinidad: Lumberer, friend found murdered October 14, 2019
- Trinidad: Two men arrested with fake US currency October 14, 2019
- Trinidad: Church services resume at rehab centre October 14, 2019
- Trinidad: Pastor gets back his centre after police leave October 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Police officer sentenced to 18 years on teen rape charges October 11, 2019