Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — A fight that went viral on social media last week may have been the motive for the murder of 18-year-old Tunapuna resident Maria Neptune.
According to a police report, at about 10.30 pm Neptune was standing in her yard at #3 Macoya Settlement when two men walked up to her. Police said they both opened fire and Neptune was shot several times in the chest.
Neptune was taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mt Hope, where she died while undergoing treatment.
Guardian Media was told that last week Neptune and a 16-year-old got into a fight with a 21-year-old woman. The fight, in which one woman was severely beaten, was recorded and posted on Facebook where it went viral. Police believe one of the women who was embarrassed over the video organised the attack on Neptune.
Relatives are hoping for swift justice as they claim that the police were given critical information in the case.
Investigations are continuing.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Man chokes while eating iguana and dumplings November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop ordered to repay beating victim $5,000 in 48 hrs November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Soldier arrested after sodomising child November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: She stole from her grandma 31 times November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: 46 Venezuelan women and cop detained in SORT nightclub raids November 28, 2019