Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) – The United States Embassy Port of- Spain is warning citizens of T&T of a scam using the telephone numbers of the US Embassy.
In a statement the Embassy said members of the public informed the Embassy they received a call with US Embassy Port- of- Spain’s telephone number listed as the caller ID.
It said the caller claims to work for the US Embassy and either demands money or offers contract work.
The Embassy has warned T&T nationals that it doeses not call to demand money from individuals, and follows specific protocols when tendering offers.
The Embassy said anyone who may have received the fraudulent call to report the matter to the Fraud Squad Unit of the Police Service.
More Caribbean Stories
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019
- CCJ allows appeal, no fraud by Caye Bank and Nagel December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019