Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Two men were arrested and a quantity of forged US currency seized by officers of the Special Branch and Northern Division during an anti-crime exercise conducted in the Tunapuna district last week.
During the exercise which was conducted around 11 pm, on Thursday 10th October 2019, officers intercepted a vehicle with a lone male occupant along the Eastern Main Road, Tunapuna.
A search of the vehicle resulted in the officers finding $1,200 of forged US currency in the man’s possession.
The suspect of Tacarigua was arrested and taken to the Tunapuna Police Station for questioning. Later that same night, officers of the Tunapuna Criminal Investigations Department and the Northern Division Task Force, executed a search warrant at a house in St. Clair Gardens, Trincity, where they found $26,800 in forged US currency.
A 46-year-old man who was found in the house at the time of the exercise was arrested in connection with the find.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- 42,000 guns, T&T a war zone, says Senator November 21, 2019
- Trinidad: Man charged with possession of flour November 21, 2019
- Tourism Trinidad to provide cruise visitors with an authentic experience November 20, 2019
- Trinidad: US Embassy warns of fraudulent calls November 19, 2019
- St Vincent: Court jails man who made ex-girlfriend run naked in public November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Digicel worker shot dead driving to work November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Judge orders V’zuelan woman freed November 19, 2019
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019