Share This On:
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Feb 4, CMC – Police are investigating a drive-by shooting in Sea Lots just on the outskirts of the capital on Sunday night has left two people dead and several others wounded, police have confirmed.
Lawmen said that a car drove into the area and the occupants fired gunshots at people who were standing on the road.
They confirmed that Rawling Williams, 40, and 56-year-old Trevor Isaac were shot dead, while Trey Beard, 23, Rahim Bruce, 23, Patrick Lauric and Shenelle Johnson were shot and wounded during the attack.
Media reports said that the attack was aimed at community leader Cedric ‘Burkie’ Burke, who survived by pretending to be dead.
A voice mail circulating on the social media, WhatsApp claims that men loyal to Burke were able to “take him away” after the attack but did not say in what condition.
The incident brings the number of people killed so far this year to 50.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019