Add St. Lucia News Online on Whatsapp +1758-712-6700 and get daily headlines and breaking news

Trinidad: Two killed in drive-by shooting

By CMC

 Share This On:

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Feb 4, CMC – Police are investigating a drive-by shooting in Sea Lots just on the outskirts of the capital on Sunday night has left two people dead and several others wounded, police have confirmed.

Lawmen said that a car drove into the area and the occupants fired gunshots at people who were standing on the road.

They confirmed that Rawling Williams, 40, and 56-year-old Trevor Isaac were shot dead, while Trey Beard, 23, Rahim Bruce, 23, Patrick Lauric and Shenelle Johnson were shot and wounded during the attack.

Media reports said that the attack was aimed at community leader Cedric ‘Burkie’ Burke, who survived by pretending to be dead.

A voice mail circulating on the social media, WhatsApp claims that men loyal to Burke were able to “take him away” after the attack but did not say in what condition.

The incident brings the number of people killed so far this year to 50.

(0)(0)
Copyright 2019 St. Lucia News Online. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.