Share This On:
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Feb 16, CMC – Three-year-old Prince Francette died at the San Fernando General Hospital south of here on Friday after he received burns to 100 per cent of his body as he slept in a car that caught fire while his father was fixing the vehicle.
Police said that the father, Justin Francette, 22, was not injured when the vehicle exploded.
Investigators are still trying to piece together the circumstances that led to the tragedy, but the child is reported to have entered the back seat of the vehicle, while his father was doing some modifications to the vehicle that he had recently purchased.
Media reports said that relatives and neighbours of the Central Trinidad town of Tabaquite ,had tried to use a garden hose to extinguish the flames in a desperate bid to save the child
One newspaper reported that the child was “unrecognisable as his entire body was burnt”.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019