Share This On:
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Feb 16, CMC – Three-year-old Prince Francette died at the San Fernando General Hospital south of here on Friday after he received burns to 100 per cent of his body as he slept in a car that caught fire while his father was fixing the vehicle.
Police said that the father, Justin Francette, 22, was not injured when the vehicle exploded.
Investigators are still trying to piece together the circumstances that led to the tragedy, but the child is reported to have entered the back seat of the vehicle, while his father was doing some modifications to the vehicle that he had recently purchased.
Media reports said that relatives and neighbours of the Central Trinidad town of Tabaquite ,had tried to use a garden hose to extinguish the flames in a desperate bid to save the child
One newspaper reported that the child was “unrecognisable as his entire body was burnt”.
- Returning Trinidad nationals may soon face COVID-19 quarantine fee
- Trinidad: Help pours in for family living in forest
- Trinidad: How to deal with mask resisters – ‘Throw them in jail?’
- Trinidad: Birds drowned by smugglers when Coast Guard intercepts boat
- Trinidad and Tobago awash with counterfeit products
- Trinidad: Students don’t need face masks for CXC exams
- Trinidad: Slow restart to business in the South
- Trinidad: Businessman Michael Patrick Aboud apologises for Facebook comments
- Trinidad: Women detained after family chopping