Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A Laventille man was granted $150,000 when he appeared before a Port of Spain Magistrate this week via video conferencing, charged with raping and beating a woman.
Terry Murrell 45, a maxi-driver, of Boxhill Trace, Laventille, appeared before a magistrate on Wednesday.
The matter was adjourned to April 29.
The victim reported to police that on March 24, she and the accused got into a heated argument, during which he held her by the throat and sexually assaulted her.
Investigations were supervised by W/ASP Guy-Alleyne, W/Insp. (Ag.) Bridglal and Sgt. Aroon, of the Gender-Based Violence Unit (GBVU), Port of Spain.
- Licensing officer deciding vehicles’ tint legality by race — Trinidad minister
- US says Trinidad violated Rio Treaty with visit of Venezuelan VP Delcy Rodriguez
- Trinidad: Cocaine suspect dies by suspected suicide at police station
- Trinidad: Ten people arrested during sea bath in Cocorite
- COVID-19 to cost Trinidad and Tobago $6 billion — finance minister
- Trinidad: MovieTowne owner flies cancer patient Krissa Bissoon home
- Trinidad will suffer worst GDP in 40 years after COVID says UWI lecturer
- Warning: Contaminated Trinidad ginger which was stolen could kill
- Price for roti and doubles may increase in Trinidad and Tobago