Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A MEMBER of the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force was held by police yesterday following a report of a sexual assault of a boy.
Officers from the Special Operations Response Team (SORT) and the Child Protection Unit (CPU) held the 42-year-old soldier at Delhi Street around 1.40 p.m. yesterday.
The soldier was being questioned last night.
Acting ASP Roger Alexander spoke about the arrest during TV6’s Beyond the Tape programme last night.
He said: “I understand that he is a high-ranking member of the Defence Force.
“He has lived in several areas and one of those areas is Santa Cruz.
“Knowing the Child Protection Unit as I do, I know that no stone, no carpet, no tile, no floorboard will be left unturned.”
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Two minor quakes rattle sections of Kingston and St Andrew January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Empty bank account shocks woman January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Baby dumped in garbage bin after birth turns pastor January 20, 2020
- Caribbean Airlines warns against sharing outdated travel advisory January 20, 2020
- Trini couple guilty of marriage fraud in US January 20, 2020
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Man gets one-year probation for accidental touch January 20, 2020
- Barbados PM says US seeking to divide region January 20, 2020