Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A 22-year-old man who was found in the Moruga forest allegedly with a 16 year old girl was arrested on Sunday.
The man, of Williamsville, is already on bail for six sexual offences allegedly committed against the victim.
The girl was reported missing to police by her family on Friday.
The man and the teenager were allegedly found by police around midday in a tarpaulin-covered shack five miles in a forested area in Cachipe Village.
Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
The suspect was arrested and the girl handed over to officers of the Child Protection Unit.
Her parents were contacted and were expected to reunite with her at the Princes Town police station.
Insp Anderson Parriman, Cpls Ramcharan and Mulrain, and PC Kalloo and other officers of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit and Southern Division Task Force were on the exercise.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: US Embassy warns of fraudulent calls November 19, 2019
- St Vincent: Court jails man who made ex-girlfriend run naked in public November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Digicel worker shot dead driving to work November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Judge orders V’zuelan woman freed November 19, 2019
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019
- Trinidad’s Sat Maharaj passes away November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Family suspects swine flue in death of 3 year-old girl November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Man beaten to death with brick over cigarette refusal November 18, 2019