Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A severed arm was found washed up at a beach in Matura on Sunday.
A resident walking along Rincon Beach made the discovery and contacted police.
At around 2 p.m. officers of the Matura Police Station went to the beach 400 metres north of Orosco Road and were shown the limb.
A district medical officer examined the limb, and said it appeared to be the right arm, which had been cut off just beneath the elbow.
It was said to be in a state of decomposition.
The limb was taken to the Forensic Sciences Centre.
Cpl Kent of the Matura Police Station is investigating.
- Opposition wins Suriname elections
- St. Kitts-Nevis elections: Dr. Harris hails historic victory as vote count continues
- Trinidad: Mom, 56, son, 29, shot to death in home invasion
- Trinidad man in Suriname begs to come home
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- Jamaica: Cockburn Gardens residents protest police killing
- Jamaica: Montego Bay airport prepares to welcome visitors
- Cocaine from Trinidad found in soya nuggets in the US
- Jamaica: Man who raped eight women had his sentence cut in half