Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) A woman suffered a seizure while driving and struck two pedestrians in San Fernando on Thursday.
The two victims – two security guards on their way to work, were taken to hospital along with the driver, who is from Longdenville.
At around 5 p.m. the 35-year-old driver was headed north along Michael Rahael Boulevard in her Kia Rio car.
Nearing the roundabout the woman suffered a seizure and ‘blacked out’, police said.
Her car hit the security guards, Joshua Espinoza and Kezzia Alexander, who are employees of GHS Security Limited.
Officers of the Mon Repos Police Station responded and the motorist and the pedestrians were taken to the San Fernando General Hospital.
Espinoza is warded in stable condition.
Alexander and the motorist were treated and discharged.
PC Subero is investigating.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019