Share This On:
(TRINIDAD NEWSDAY) – POLICE held a well-known religious leader from Carapo on Sunday night.
Senior police sources confirmed that officers from the Northern Division Crime Suppression Unit went to his house in relation to suspected gang-related activities in the area.
They said the Special Branch was investigating the leader and passed on information to senior northern division police.
Police said the man was detained and is being held at the La Horquetta Police Station, but is not under arrest.
Sources said police held the man for offences under anti-gang legislation.
Newsday was told “multiple agencies” are interested in his detention in relation to incidents in the northern division.
More on this as it becomes available.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trini couple guilty of marriage fraud in US January 20, 2020
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Man gets one-year probation for accidental touch January 20, 2020
- Barbados PM says US seeking to divide region January 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Missing man emerges from forest with an incredible story January 20, 2020
- Trinidad’s state-owned oil company loses US$500,000 in bad deal January 20, 2020
- BVI giving 100 citizens land to cultivate medical marijuana January 17, 2020