Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Local actor and entrepreneur Raymond Choo Kong was a blessing to the community of Arima.
He was well-known for his creativity and his compassion, says Arima Mayor Lisa Roxanne Morris-Julian.
Morris-Julian said she was shocked and saddened by his death which “came as a devastating blow for myself and the thousands of burgesses”.
On social media, there was also an outpouring of grief and rage over the death of Choo Kong.
Choo Kong was found stabbed to death in the living room at his Green Street, Arima home at around noon on Monday.
Police said his body was slumped in a recliner.
Investigators said Choo Kong fought for his life as there were broken pieces of furniture in the room.
He is one of seven people murdered in the past 24 hours.
Choo Kong owned a bar located downstairs his home.
Morris-Julian said, “It is shocking. Raymond Choo Kong was an icon…it is just strange to say was. His family helped to build Arima. They were hard working and gave back a lot to the community of Arima. He stayed close to the Arima community. This is definitely a devastating blow, not only for myself, but for the thousands of burgesses in Arima. He was well-known for his creativity.”
Choo Kong’s last production was titled “Choose Your Partner Wisely…..marriage is not for everyone”.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Religious leader in custody over gang activities December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: H1N1 deaths rise to 32 December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Couple to ‘explain their wealth’ under new law December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Man killed trying to save sister from licks December 9, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019