Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — The principal of a pre-school in Port-of-Spain was stabbed in the classroom on Monday.
She died at hospital.
Police said Jezelle Phillip was at her workplace, Baby’s Pre-School, when she was attacked at around 7.20am.
The attack was witnessed by some pupils.
It happened as Phillip was preparing for the start of the first day of the new school term.
The school is located at the corner of Independence Square and George Street.
Police said a domestic dispute may be the reason behind the attack.
A 43-year-old man walked into the Besson Street Police Station and surrendered.
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM