Share This On:
(TRINIDAD NEWSDAY) – AROUCA police are searching for a 30-year-old man who sexually assaulted a 19-year-old pregnant woman at her home on Friday afternoon.
According to reports, the victim, who is ten weeks’ pregnant, was at her Arouca home around 1.30 pm on Friday, when the suspect, who is a close relative, went to her bedroom and asked her for ten dollars.
The woman told the relative she did not have any money and the relative then asked her to have sex with him.
She refused and tried to raise an alarm, but was overpowered and raped. The victim went to the Arouca Police Station and made a report. She was medically examined by a district medical officer and a warrant has been issued for the arrest of the suspect.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaican gov’t urged to end destruction of ‘illegal marijuana’ December 15, 2019
- Facial recognition technology coming to Jamaica’s airports: minister December 15, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor charged for raping children in Hanover parish December 15, 2019
- HIV Food Bank in Barbados struggling December 15, 2019
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019