Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Point Fortin police rescued the kidnapped wife of an offshore service contractor within minutes of her abduction on Thursday night.
The woman was snatched as she drove onto the compound of the family’s home at Clifton Hill, Point Fortin shortly after 8p.m.
She was taken away in her vehicle, a BMW X5 SUV.
Witnesses reported the crime, and police officers spotted the vehicle leaving the area.
Police chased the suspects and the SUV crashed in the village of Mahaica. The woman was rescued. Three men were arrested.
Two are from Point Fortin. One is from Couva.
The contractor lives in Point Fortin and his company provides tugs, barges and supply vessels for the oilfields off the southwestern peninsular.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Religious leader in custody over gang activities December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: H1N1 deaths rise to 32 December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Couple to ‘explain their wealth’ under new law December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Man killed trying to save sister from licks December 9, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019