Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Thirty-two illegal immigrants were arrested on Friday night in the Penal area during a joint police and Immigration Division exercise.
According to a TTPS release, officers of the South Western Division and Immigration officials raided a house and a bar between 2 pm and 9 pm on Friday. Police said seven Venezuelans were arrested at the house in Suchit Trace, Penal.
The officers also went to a bar in Penal where 22 Venezuelans and one Guyanese national were arrested.
Police said nine of the 32 were given notices and allowed to leave while the other 23 people are being held at various police stations across the district.
Three other people were also arrested for gaming machine offences but police did not say whether they were locals or foreign nationals.
The exercise was led by Insp Nemai, Sgt Gokool and Cpl Rajkumar.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Man charged with possession of flour November 21, 2019
- Tourism Trinidad to provide cruise visitors with an authentic experience November 20, 2019
- Trinidad: US Embassy warns of fraudulent calls November 19, 2019
- St Vincent: Court jails man who made ex-girlfriend run naked in public November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Digicel worker shot dead driving to work November 19, 2019
- Trinidad: Judge orders V’zuelan woman freed November 19, 2019
- Trinidad cops: Woman’s murder a hired hit November 18, 2019
- Trinidad airport inquiry to start over 15 years later November 18, 2019
- Trinidad’s Sat Maharaj passes away November 18, 2019