Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — A pensioner, 74, was found murdered at her home at Mucurapo Road in St James on Monday.
Police believe that Gemma Khan was beaten to death during a robbery as it was discovered that her vehicle and a television set were missing.
According to a police report, at about 10 am relatives went to her home to check on her when they found her bloodied and a pillowcase placed over the head.
Police said the relatives claimed that they were trying to contact her over the weekend but got no response hence the reason why they showed up at her house yesterday to physically check on her.
Police said Khan’s body bore marks of violence having them believe that she may have been beaten to death.
An autopsy is expected to be conducted today (Tuesday) at the Forensic Science Centre in St James to determine the actual cause of death.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019