Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — As of Sunday night, the Health Ministry reports the following:
Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19 – 825
Number of samples which have tested positive – 105
Number of deaths – 7
Number of persons discharged – 1
The Ministry of Health provides the following update:
One additional person has tested positive for COVID-19 – Contact of person positive with COVID-19
Of the total number of positive cases, 49 of these positive cases came from the group of nationals who recently returned from a cruise:
46 positive cases from the group of 68 nationals who returned from the cruise together
3 positive cases from the group of nationals who returned from the same cruise separately from the other 68 nationals.
The Ministry of Health reminds the public that COVID-19 can be spread by touching surfaces that are contaminated with the novel coronavirus.
It is important to regularly sanitise commonly touched surfaces (e.g. table tops, handrails, door knobs and trolleys).
If dirty, they should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water prior to sanitization. A simple solution of 1/3 cup of household bleach to one gallon of water is quite effective.
- Trinidad: PM Rowley denies inviting Fuad Abu Bakr to join PNM
- Trinidad businesswoman missing
- Trinidad: One in five vehicles uninsured
- Trinidad resumes almost all economic activity
- Trinidad: Young mother killed in crash after “argument”
- Licensing officer deciding vehicles’ tint legality by race — Trinidad minister
- US says Trinidad violated Rio Treaty with visit of Venezuelan VP Delcy Rodriguez
- Trinidad: Cocaine suspect dies by suspected suicide at police station
- Trinidad: Ten people arrested during sea bath in Cocorite