Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — The murder toll continues to escalate with the shooting death of a Diego Martin man on Friday night.
The victim has been identified as Michael Mungroo. His death and that of Roni Henson Bruzal and Daniel Renaldo Bute, who were also both killed on Friday night in Couva, have taken the murder toll for the year so far to 88.
For the corresponding period last year, the toll stood at 98.
Police reports state that sometime around 11.30 p.m., residents at Covigne Road, Diego Martin, heard a volley of explosions. After investigating, they found Mungroo, who lived in the area, with multiple bullet wounds to the body.
Western Division officers and the Emergency Heath Services (EHS) were contacted, but by the time they arrived, Mungroo was already dead.
Officers of the Region I Homicide Bureau of investigations are continuing enquiries.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad motorists discover murdered man November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Matelot’s beloved community activist murdered November 22, 2019
- Mother, son shot dead in Trinidad November 22, 2019
- Death at a wake in Trinidad November 22, 2019
- Custom plates for Trinidad & Tobago in January November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj remembered as loving leader November 22, 2019
- Trinidad man wanted for ten murders killed by police November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Husband ready to flee country, after wife and son killed November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: ‘Snake boy’ assures he knows how to handle reptiles November 22, 2019