Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Motorists driving along the Old Valencia Road yesterday made a gruesome find, as they spotted the bullet-riddled body of a man lying on the ground.
Police have identified the victim as Marcus Marshall, who is said to be attached to the Carapo Mosque.
His body was discovered next to his vehicle.
Police reported that around 12:40 on Tuesday they received a call that a man appeared to have been shot dead and his body lying on the road.
A party of police officers led by Supt Wayne Doodhai responded.
On arrival at the scene, police found Marshall, dressed in a green Muslim gab lying dead with both his hands clasped tightly to a bag that contained thousands of dollars.
Police said he was shot multiple times in the head and back.
Officers discovered over 20 spent shells at the scene.
Only on Sunday, an unidentified woman was found murdered with a stab wound to her chest and injuries to her face at Tappana Road, Valencia.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Blue Waters appoints new CEO January 17, 2020
- Trinidad: Denied scholarship, pupil wins lawsuit January 16, 2020
- Trinidad: Judge urges clarity, public education on new ganja law January 15, 2020
- Trinidad man charged with triple murder January 15, 2020
- Trinidad: Grande man arrested for beating child January 14, 2020
- Trinidad: 17 swine flu cases for 2020 January 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Citizens giving up cigarettes for marijuana January 14, 2020