Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Motorists driving along the Old Valencia Road yesterday made a gruesome find, as they spotted the bullet-riddled body of a man lying on the ground.
Police have identified the victim as Marcus Marshall, who is said to be attached to the Carapo Mosque.
His body was discovered next to his vehicle.
Police reported that around 12:40 on Tuesday they received a call that a man appeared to have been shot dead and his body lying on the road.
A party of police officers led by Supt Wayne Doodhai responded.
On arrival at the scene, police found Marshall, dressed in a green Muslim gab lying dead with both his hands clasped tightly to a bag that contained thousands of dollars.
Police said he was shot multiple times in the head and back.
Officers discovered over 20 spent shells at the scene.
Only on Sunday, an unidentified woman was found murdered with a stab wound to her chest and injuries to her face at Tappana Road, Valencia.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Man chokes while eating iguana and dumplings November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop ordered to repay beating victim $5,000 in 48 hrs November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Soldier arrested after sodomising child November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: She stole from her grandma 31 times November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: 46 Venezuelan women and cop detained in SORT nightclub raids November 28, 2019