Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — The media have been banned from the funeral of Satnayaran Maharaj, secretary general of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS).
The SDMS executive issued a release via its media house Radio and TV Jaagriti a short while ago stating that this decision was taken after a reporter from a media house which was not named disrespected religious proceedings at the wake on Sunday night.
Maharaj died at 12.01 a.m. on Saturday after suffering a stroke on November 7.
The release stated in part:
We do not wish to express which media house the reporter belonged to as it is not our intention to engage in any dispute with any fraction of the media.
However, having regard to our express request made to this media house and their lack of respect to the family’s wishes we (the family of Sri Satnarayan Maharaj and the SDMS executive) have decided that absolutely no media houses will be allowed on the Lakshmi Girls Hindu College compound on the day of the funeral (19/11/19) or the home of Sr Satnayaran Maharaj/ his family at any time.
The SDMS/press liaison will continue to be Sri Dinesh Rambally should there be any questions concerning the arrangements in relation to Sri Satnayaran Maharaj’s funeral.
His funeral is carded to take place at the Lakshmi Girls Hindu College at 9 a.m. on Tuesday.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Man chokes while eating iguana and dumplings November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop ordered to repay beating victim $5,000 in 48 hrs November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Soldier arrested after sodomising child November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: She stole from her grandma 31 times November 29, 2019