Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A labourer has been held in connection with the shooting death of Parliament clerk Mariana Moonisar.
Moonisar, 29, of Esperanza in California, was shot in her head last August while she and her father Roopchan Moonisar were in his car.
She died at hospital.
The elder Moonisar survived being shot in the neck.
On Saturday, a 24-year-old labourer of Claxton Bay was arrested by police officers.
He remained in custody yesterday.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Australia’s BHP drills dry hole October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: ‘Fireball’ in sky delight residents October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop shot dead shortly after telling wife ‘I love you’ October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman found with throat slit October 18, 2019
- Official accuses Trinidad private sector of being lazy October 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Baby’s skull fractured in fight October 16, 2019
- Trinidad: Cops charged for misbehavior, perverting justice October 15, 2019