Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – Outar Maraj of Mc Bean Village, Couva, appeared in the Tunapuna Second Magistrates’ Court today, on two counts of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking; one count of possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking; possession of four firearms and a quantity of assorted ammunition.
The matter was adjourned to Tuesday.
The alleged seizure and subsequent arrest were the result of weeks of surveillance and collaboration among the Organised Crime and Intelligence Unit (OCIU), Transnational Organised Crime Unit and the Strategic Services Agency.
The suspect was held when officers intercepted a red Toyota Corolla he was driving. A search of the vehicle resulted in three white crocus bags and one black garbage bag, with 56.56 kilogrammes of cocaine being found in the trunk.
A search warrant was subsequently executed at the Maruana Road, Valsayn, home of the suspect, where 17.38 kilogrammes of marijuana, along with two revolvers, two pistols and 331 rounds of assorted ammunition were found and seized.
A second search warrant was executed at Maraj’s primary residence at Mc Bean Village, Couva, however, nothing illegal was found.
MARAJ was charged by officers of the OCIU.
More Caribbean Stories
- Haiti government denies misuse of PetroCaribe funds December 12, 2019
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Jamaica: 186 years total for men convicted in beheading case December 12, 2019