Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A man was attacked and beaten to death with a concrete block in Ste Madeleine near San Fernando on Sunday afternoon.
The killing happened outside a bar at the junction of Coquette Street and the Manahambre Main Road.
The man, identified a 45 year old father of one Richard Soondar, was struck on the head and was dead within minutes.
The suspect, a mentally challenged man from the village, was spotted by responding police officers and captured.
Police say the suspect asked Soondar for a cigarette. When Soondar refused, the suspect launched the attack.
Except for weeping relatives, most others went about their business, with the bars remaining open and dozens of people buying drinks and sipping on beer while looking at the crime scene officers do their work.
Police have obtained security camera footage showing the attack.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Man chokes while eating iguana and dumplings November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop ordered to repay beating victim $5,000 in 48 hrs November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Soldier arrested after sodomising child November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: She stole from her grandma 31 times November 29, 2019