Share This On:
(Trinidad Newsday) — A San Juan man was rescued by police after he was kidnapped and thrown over a precipice along the North Coast Road in Maraval, this morning. Police said Ruttn Stroude, claimed he was kidnapped from his home three days ago. He was kept in captivity before being thrown over a precipice on Thursday night.
Passers by heard Stroude’s screams coming from the cliff and called the police. Members of the Santa Cruz CID were called to the scene at around 7.50 am today and rescued Stroude.
Police said Stroude who was fitted with a prosthetic leg after an accident some time ago, suffered several broken bones from the fall.
He was taken to the hospital for treatment. San Juan Police are continuing enquiries.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019