Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – Shane Ramjattan has been charged with making a false report.
He will appear before a Rio Claro Magistrate this morning.
Ramjattan, 24, reported that he was kidnapped, taken into a forest camp and forced to pack drugs and clean high-powered weapons.
He also told his father that he was taken on a boat ride to Venezuela.
Ramjattan, a father of two, was taken into police custody on Monday afternoon.
He gave a statement and was kept overnight.
He was reported missing by his parents on Wednesday night after he did not return to the family’s Rochard Road, Penal, home.
The three-tonne truck he was driving was found the next day.
On Saturday, Ramjattan was found walking along Penal Rock Road. Residents recognised him as the missing man and contacted his family.
Ramjattan said he was kidnapped by two Spanish-speaking men and taken to a forest camp.
He was blindfolded and forced to work for the men.
Ramjattan said packed drugs into wooden crates and cleaned about seven guns.
He was then released.
Ramjattan’s mother made a tearful appeal for her son. She refused to eat causing her to fall ill.
His father led a search party into the forest.
More Caribbean Stories
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020