Add St. Lucia News Online on Whatsapp +1758 712 6700; get major headlines and source us with news tips, photos, and videos

Trinidad: Infant suffers horrific burns from pot of boiling rice

By Trinidad Express

 Share This On:

(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A two year old child suffered second degree burns after a boiling pot of rice fell on her on Monday.

Police said the medical report stated that the child suffered second degree burns to upper back, back of neck, left posterior thigh, left upper chest, and private parts.

Around 7.30 p.m. a nurse of the Princes Town Health Facility contacted the Princes Town Police station and reported the case.

The nurse reported that the two year old child was brought there suffering from burns.

PC Ramcharit and PC Jugmohan of the C.I.D. responded where the child’s 25 year old mother.

The woman told police that she was bathing the child at their home at Samuel Cooper Trace, Moruga, around 5.30pm.

She said she had bathed her daughter and went to retrieve a towel when the child ran out from the bathroom and pulled down a hot pot of rice water from a nearby stove causing it to fall on top of her.

The child was subsequently taken to the said hospital.

Child is presently awaiting to be transferred to the burns unit of the San Fernando General Hospital.

(0)(0)
This article was posted in its entirety as received by stlucianewsonline.com. This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical error within press releases and commentaries. The views expressed therein are not necessarily those of stlucianewsonline.com, its sponsors or advertisers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

For security, use of Google's reCAPTCHA service is required which is subject to the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

I agree to these terms.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.