Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A former Senator is expected to appear in the Port of Spain Magistrates Court on Friday charged with child rape.
The 43-year-old man was arrested on Thursday morning in a joint exercise involving officers of the Western Division Task Force and the Child Protection Unit.
The arrest was made based on a report made by a 17-year-old girl that she was sexually assaulted last week by the suspect.
More Caribbean Stories
- Earthquake felt in Manchester, Jamaica January 24, 2020
- Barbados takes dip in corruption ranking January 24, 2020
- Guyana: Sisters arrested for stabbing Linden schoolgirl January 24, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 69, on three child rape charges January 24, 2020
- Jamaica: Young man given one month to live is now cancer free January 24, 2020