Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A former Senator is expected to appear in the Port of Spain Magistrates Court on Friday charged with child rape.
The 43-year-old man was arrested on Thursday morning in a joint exercise involving officers of the Western Division Task Force and the Child Protection Unit.
The arrest was made based on a report made by a 17-year-old girl that she was sexually assaulted last week by the suspect.
More Caribbean Stories
- Grenada: Bus conductor fined for defecating in public October 21, 2019
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019