Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – A FIRED Digicel employee was one of two men arrested inside a Digicel cell tower in Biche earlier this week.
It was around 6.50 p.m. last Monday, officers from the Biche police station who were on patrol, went to the cell tower in Charuma Village. Biche. They saw a Nissan Tiida and two men inside the facility. There was a hole in the fence.
The officers asked the men if they were authorized to be on the compound but they did not respond. The police officers saw an electrical panel which appeared to be tampered and recovered a screw driver and pair of pliers from the men.
A 34 year old of Mt Lambert who was wanted on outstanding warrants and was fired from Digicel back in 2016 and the other man were charged by constable Mendoza. They were expected to appear before a Rio Claro magistrate for the offence of malicious damage to a security fence of a public telecommunications network belonging to Digicel Trinidad and Tobago. There was $3,000 in damage to the fence.
Sgt Bhim and constables Mendoza, Tom and Phillip were involved in the arrest.
More Caribbean Stories
- Trinidad: Police investigate marijuana edibles in schools February 18, 2020
- Jamaica: Trusted neighbour molests 6-y-o child February 18, 2020
- Communiqué of the 68th Meeting of the OECS Authority February 17, 2020
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020