Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A 32-year-old woman shot and killed on Sunday night in Barataria.
The deceased has been identified as Veronica Franco.
Police were told that at about 7.30p.m. Franco was standing in her family’s yard at 12th Street, Barataria talking to 31-year-old Kerry Fournillier, when two gunmen came.
Franco and Fournillier attempted to flee.
Franco ran into the house and locked herself inside.
However, the suspects kicked down the door and shot her several times.
Fournillier was also shot.
Residents called police and paramedics.
The victims were taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where Franco was pronounced dead.
Fournillier remains warded in a serious condition up to this morning.
Police told the Express that Franco was a State Witness in a recent murder.
It is suspected that she was targeted because of this.
- Registered Venezuelans want more time in Trinidad and Tobago
- Trinidad: Stopped by cops, drunk driver hops into back seat
- 29 ecstatic Trinidad and Tobago nationals return home
- Trinidad businessmen apologise for racist posts
- Returning Trinidad nationals may soon face COVID-19 quarantine fee
- Trinidad: Help pours in for family living in forest
- Trinidad: How to deal with mask resisters – ‘Throw them in jail?’
- Trinidad: Birds drowned by smugglers when Coast Guard intercepts boat
- Trinidad and Tobago awash with counterfeit products