Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A 32-year-old woman shot and killed on Sunday night in Barataria.
The deceased has been identified as Veronica Franco.
Police were told that at about 7.30p.m. Franco was standing in her family’s yard at 12th Street, Barataria talking to 31-year-old Kerry Fournillier, when two gunmen came.
Franco and Fournillier attempted to flee.
Franco ran into the house and locked herself inside.
However, the suspects kicked down the door and shot her several times.
Fournillier was also shot.
Residents called police and paramedics.
The victims were taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where Franco was pronounced dead.
Fournillier remains warded in a serious condition up to this morning.
Police told the Express that Franco was a State Witness in a recent murder.
It is suspected that she was targeted because of this.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Fuad Khan quits politics November 9, 2019
- Trinidad: Three killed as mob beats police officer November 9, 2019