Share This On:
(TRINIDAD NEWSDAY) — A 43-year-old security guard who was shot during a robbery on the Malabar Main Road on November 1 died on Tuesday night, relatives confirmed.
Speaking with Newsday this afternoon, a relative said Natalie Shelly Ann Leon was shot by bandits when she and two other guards from Guardia Security Company were transporting transaction receipts for the Unit Trust Corporation (UTC). The bandits confronted them and also shot another security guard was shot, but he survived.
Police took the wounded guards to the Arima Hospital where they were treated and transferred to Mt Hope, where Leon died of her injuries.
Relatives said Leon was originally from Sangre Grande, but moved to Malabar a few weeks ago.
They suspect the bandits attacked the guards to steal the package, believing it to be cash.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019